Tuesday, January 14, 2014

More about Riley Stone

This is a section from a post over at my group blog, www.pensfatales.com but I thought it was relevant enough to post here on my own blog.

A little bit more about Riley Stone the hero of Heart of Stone.

This story is near and dear to my heart because Riley suffers from dyslexia. I have loved to read since I was a wee one. Dyslexia runs in my family. My sister has it and my oldest son has it. I can't imagine having to slog through switched and backwards letters (a simplification really) to get to a story. And plenty of dyslexic people never get to appreciate the power of story because it's just too difficult. In my family, everyone reads so we just kept looking for books that would appeal to my son until he found a story so compelling that he wouldn't give up just because it was hard. (For him, it was Harry Potter). If you know someone who has dyslexia, keep giving them books to try. Unfortunately for Riley, by the time someone who cared came into his life, it was too late. But that doesn't mean he can't make a difference. 

Also, I just started a Tumblr. I know another social media site!!

lisahugheywriter.tumblr.com -- this will be mostly pictures of random things throughout the week that interest me or have relevance (hopefully!!) in some way.

And check out my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa-Hughey-My-Books/133768193335188

Okay that's my pitch for today. :) :) Hope you are having a SPECTACULAR Tuesday.

Lisa

No comments: