Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Branding and Blogging and Bonus recipe

I wrote a great article about writers and branding. (if you are interested you can download it for free from Smashwords) I spent a lot of time and effort really delving into the concepts behind branding. Giving your readership more information about the concepts you write about. Being known to be an expert on certain topics. It all made sense.

But the reality of trying to contain my blogging efforts to stories and information that were part of my 'brand' pretty much stopped me dead. And there you have it. I haven't blogged in awhile. Lately I realized I'm not a jar of mayonnaise. I don't need to target this blog. All I need to do is share information that appeals to me.

So today's post is about smoothies. Not the kind from Jamba Juice (can we say sugar?) but the healthy kind you make at home. I make these two or three times a week. And I always have several key ingredients.


1 scoop protein powder -- I use Primal Fuel (www.marksdailyapple.com  - will talk more about this site at a later time) which is very low in sugars

1 spoonful of dried greens -- I use PaleoGreens but you can also just throw in a handful of spinach or kale

1 teaspoon or so of Flax Oil -- you need fat in your smoothie to bind everything and oil your joints. Flax is a good source for Omega oils

1 cup of coconut water  --  high in potassium and low in calories I really like coconut water, but any liquid will do, coconut milk, almond milk, regular milk, rice milk, plain old water

1 cup or more of frozen berries. I usually mix blueberries and raspberries. You can also use fresh fruit. The other day i did half cucumber/half frozen raspberries and it was amazing.

This smoothie is all blueberry. High in antioxidants!

I love this drink. It's about 350 calories and very filling.  And healthy!!
Yum. :)

No comments: